Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

German Infantryman 1916

roger

Here are some pics of my recently completed 80mm white metal model figure. Painted in acrylics and photographed against a photo from a book.

Roger.

post-261-1149676460.jpg

post-261-1149676582.jpg

Oh, even better with the behind shot.. The rusty barbed wire and mud splatter are great touches. You must have a steady hand and great patience.

Cheers

Kim

I am very jealous of your talent

Mick

Thanks kim, no steady hand required to spatter mud everywhere :D

Mick just a lot of practice and money spent doing it :o

Cheers,

Roger.

Another great model Roger, you shouldhave entered the split view above as your MGWAT entry, it really shows the model in it's full glory. From the side and behind gives more of the detail

(Quick, alter it now-edit your post in June MGWAT ;) )

I couldn't possibly do that, could I? :ph34r:

That is simply brilliant Roger. May I ask (as a comparatively rubbish modeller) how you made the barbed wire which, as mentioned above, is particularly effective?

Thank you very much for the comments. I'm really pleased you like it.

Will, I think you're right, each figure should be better than the last and I think this is my best to date.

Egbert, I'll definately be painting more German subjects. There is a German sentry wearing Sappenpanzer that I've got my eye on.

Andrew, the barbed wire is commercially available and is a scaled down version of the real thing.

Malte, You did a good job with the photo's, funnily enough when I posted the same pics on a model figure forum the sculpter of this figure, Steve Warrilow, did the same.

My next project is a figure of a Russian Infantryman 1914.

Roger

wow, thats amazing, my warhammer never ever turn out like that, you must have a steady hand.

Garron

Cheers Garron, I've painted Warhammer for my son, his mates at school were pretty jealous :P

Roger.

:D i bet, i know i would be insanley jealous, its ban enough looking at the one painted in the store,

hope you dont mind me asking, whats paints do you use?

Garron

hope you dont mind me asking, whats paints do you use?

Garron

I don't mind at all, I mainly use Andrea acrylics, but I also have a few acrylic paints by Citadal and Coat d' Arms.

Any other questions fire away I'm happy to share info etc.

Roger.

I couldn't possibly do that, could I? :ph34r:

You could, it deserves a place in it's glory.....

Roger

Must say it again - simply magnificient.

If only I could find the time - By the way how long would a figure like that take you ?

Glyn

Spike, I've inserted a link on the MGWAT thread to these pics.

Roger.

By the way how long would a figure like that take you ?

Glyn

Glyn, That one took approx. a week. it's difficult to say really, I do a bit, have a look on the computer, do a bit more. Some days I won't do any and others I could almost paint one from start to finish. depends how the mood takes me :rolleyes: Some figures, like this one are a joy to paint and others become a chore.

Roger.

Modellers;

A few years ago I found a modelling site that had several vignettes done with various hand sculpted models. There was one done of the Western Front that I would like to see again, but alas I have lost the site and no amount of google/yahoo/msn searches have come up with it. I asked on Diorama.com and no one knew. Any help out there? I would be forever in someone's debt if they come up with the answer.

Jon

PS Your model is excellent and it looks great with the background shot.

Thanks for the comment Jon. Can you give a bit more of a description of the models to see if it rings any bells?

Roger.

Roger,

Well done!

Regards,

Cnock