Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Missing plates from a document on the Zeppelin LZ85 - Squadron Command

Guest Captain Pikey

Guest Captain Pikey

Hi,

I am hoping that someone out there can help with tracking down some photographs / diagrammes. I have put this on both the Naval and Air forums as the photographs may be in an archive from both of this fields.

I have found a great document at the National Archives concerning the destruction of the LZ85 at Salonika on the 5.5.1916 by the HMS Agamemnon. The title of the document is "Description of LZ85" and the first part is written by Squadron Commander E H Sparling and the rest of the document is by The Chief of Staff Jacquemot. Unfortunately, the "plates" are missing from the report. I am not sure wether these are all photographs or if some are diagrammes. There are 143 seperate "plates" mentioned in the document. As you can imagine the information within the document looses most of it's context without these "plates".

I have searched the National Archives and found some photographs of the LZ85, but unfortunately, these are not those refered to in the document. I don't know I have missed any at the NA?

Has any one out there got these photographes, or knows where they are or is there anywhere else that I might be able to try. The report is headed "Royal Navy Air Service", and I have sent an email to RNAS Yoevilton, in the hope that they may be able to help. But, they are very busy, and it looks that I may have a long wait and so in the meatime, I thought I would ask members of the forum.

Please help me if you can.

Kind regards

Ian