1. 1. The entrants for the May art poll for you to vote on

• Spike's A Twist in the Tail
    • Desmond's- Chien de Guerre
    • Russell's- Il Cavallino Rampante
    • Soren's - Camel Corps
    • Ozzie's-Lost Master
    • Landsturm's- Das Puppy

Canine, Feline, Equine and others, that helped the soldiers in the Great War

Vote for your favourite and if any of the regulars or anyone wish to suggest a title for June's topic -now's the time.....

It's so difficult this month, so many excellent pieces. I seems a shame to have to vote for just one! Thanks to you all.

Regards,

Neil.

PS Soren's 'Twist in the Tail' got my vote

Neil,

Are you giving Soren the credit for Spike's hard work? :P

Another good month - well done all.

Roxy

This month's collection is so good. Das Puppy is an interesting take on the subject, and Chien de Guerre is so atmospheric, yes, even spooky as said above. Camel Corps is another great sketch from Soren, and I love Il Cavallino Rampante, the colour, the style, the story behind the picture. But the narratives hold all else at bay this time. And although The Lost Master is wonderfully told, my vote has to go to A Twist in the Tale, biased as I am to the tie-in with Goodbye Old Man. Thank you everyone for such grand efforts.

Another difficult one!!!

Spike told it so well, he gets my vote today.

Mandy

Marina,

not only were there masks for dogs, but horses too. There was also a speciial respirator box , with a filter fixed on the side of it, for pigeons.

Terry Reeves

The words have it for me but, like Marina says, very difficult - Spike or Kim? - Kim or Spike?

Spike's tale grabbed me first, and perhaps for that reason, and that alone, gets my vote.

Jim

Neil,

Are you giving Soren the credit for Spike's hard work? :P

Another good month - well done all.

Roxy

Oops! :rolleyes: Sorry Spike! At least I clicked on the correct one in the poll!

Neil.

Marina,

not only were there masks for dogs, but horses too. There was also a speciial respirator box , with a filter fixed on the side of it, for pigeons.

Terry Reeves

Thanks, Terry. Horrible, but nice too. Horrible because the birds and animals were involved at all in something they could not have comprehended. Yet touching that arrangements were made to protect them.Anyone got any pics of the horse's masks or the pigeon box?

Marina

French horse gas masked ...

post-1582-1149191971.jpg

And this iconic image ... I know the horse is not masked but this captures for me the changing nature of war in 20th century.

Steel helmet ... gas mask .. what a contrast to a lance and a cavalry horse. Dontcha just love all the weirdness of WW1????

Many thanks for Chien De Guerre support .. still off the fags and still drawing!!

post-1582-1149192168.jpg

Had to vote for Landsturm's Das Puppy - the 'thousand yard stare' on the face of the young soldier, stroking the puppy more of a comfort for him than the puppy, methinks. But well done to everyone.

Jim

I shall keep my vote a secret - but another fine collection. Well done everyone.

And this iconic image ... I know the horse is not masked but this captures for me the changing nature of war in 20th century.

Steel helmet ... gas mask .. what a contrast to a lance and a cavalry horse. Dontcha just love all the weirdness of WW1????

Many thanks for Chien De Guerre support .. still off the fags and still drawing!!

Des. two great photos! Thanks a mill!

Good about the fags and the drawing!

Marina

Russels painting is truly spectacular and gets my vote.

he is a wee bit good ... not that I'm jealous or anything.

Thanks to those who voted for me or Soren or indeed anybody.....

I'm internetless at the moment as the builder cut my phone line whilst doing my house extension(I'm at work at present, so shhhh). Never mind it'll be fixed by next week so the kindly BT have told me (well not me exactly as my phone isn't working- a chicken or egg scenario- believe me) Apparently I can get my calls diverted to my moby if I call 1571, but only from would you believe it - a land line (you can't make this up). So if I'm a bit slow in replying to posts etc then forgive me.

I've had quite a day with a plumber who couldn't plumb and a car that wouldn't start and yes you guessed it no phone to try and get things sorted with..... <_<

Sorry I'm rambling... but it has been that sort of day

Oh, and PS, can I pick June's subject- I'll admit I've got something I've been waiting to get a chance to use, but with the house extension to work on then my time will be at a premium in the coming months so....please please please

After the crap you've been through Spike GO FOR IT.

Must admit I was torn between the Puppy and the Horse but the Horse won.

If any one ever gets to see my story you will understand.

Waiting, Spike, for June's Topic.

Cheers

Kim

I almost voted for Soren again (that would have made you 3 for 3 with me, Soren) but i decided to spread the love and go with the literary arts this time. Spike got my vote.

russ

An excellent bunch of entries this month, the best month so far I believe.

After much toing and froing I have voted for Des, but it was a very close thing.

Best wishes

David