Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help, can't find a MIC

Tony N

Hello,

I downloaded what I thought would be the MIC for:

1270 WL Neal of the RAMC

but all I got was his TFE medal card (file reference 12727). Although his regimental number according to the NA was 419011, he’s the only WL Neal I could find in the RAMC.

How can I download his MIC to check his trio entitlement?

Thanks

Tony

HAve you had a look at william neals without the middle initial ? this may have been left out when the online cards were made. Gareth

Just enter Surname/or Number & Medical,in case there are spelling errors{also try Neil??}

Is this the one you're after?

Medal card of Neal, William L

Corps Regiment No Rank

Royal Army Medical Corps 1270 Private

Date 1914-1920

Catalogue reference WO 372/14

Link to it is Here

Steve

hello

the medal index cards are not just for the "standard" ww1 medals - I found two cards one for each of the numbers you quote

always worth searching by regimental number as well as the name

Ian

Thanks everyone!

Steve, that's him, don't know how I couldn't find him before as I tried a lot of variations.

Entered France in Feb. 1915 and discharged in May 1919, shame I still don't know his middle name. Oh well, let's see how many William L Neal's I can find on the 1901 census.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Tony

Hello

The medal roll might show the middle name

Ian

hello

the medal index cards are not just for the "standard" ww1 medals - I found two cards one for each of the numbers you quote

always worth searching by regimental number as well as the name

Ian

Hello Ian,

Just tried the number on its own, there are a few 1270 in the RAMC but when I put in 1270 and RAMC under "Corps" I don't get any results. Strange that.

Cheers

Tony

Hello

The medal roll might show the middle name

Ian

I have to go to Kew for that don't I?

I'm quite a long way from there so I'll see how I get on with the census first.

Tony

Hello

not necessarily your self but. post here and some one might look - its a very quick job if you privide the wo reference and the page numbers etc

some one might have a copy of the roll - Im always amazed what people have stashed !

Ian

Just tried the number on its own, there are a few 1270 in the RAMC but when I put in 1270 and RAMC under "Corps" I don't get any results. Strange that.

That's because the search engine doesn't search for acronyms such as RAMC. You need to search for Royal Army Medical Corps, or parts thereof.

Steve

Hello

This is the reason I use regimental numbers - Ive found that mistakes on numbers are less common that spelling of names - I have several medals with the wrong names and only had one thats got the wrong number on it

Ian