Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

3rd Time lucky? Army Service Corps

tgrubb

Hi

I am trying to work out how two strands of my family got to know each other and one avenue I am considering is that two guys served together in the ASC.

One of the men is my G-G uncle Victor Pretty who was a driver in the ASC (T4 238965). The other man is my G-grandfather Alfred Moore and I am wondering if he too was in the ASC. I have nothing else to go on other than a hunch and the fact that his son, my grandfather, served in the RASC in WWII as a driver.

If I follow these large assumptions and search for a driver in the ASC named Alfred Moore (there is one -

Regiment No: R4/066051 Rank: Driver) is it possible to tell from service numbers whether two men ever served together?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Tim

In short, no!

The ASC was the largest Corps of the British Army and as such is very difficult to place individuals within.

Roop

In short, no!

The ASC was the largest Corps of the British Army and as such is very difficult to place individuals within.

Roop

Thanks Roop - I thought that might be the case. I have just worked out another connection anyway - two men who served in the Buffs who were both in 1/5 Cinque Ports Bat in Italy.

Cheers

Tim