Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Gallipoli

Guest Bob38

From what date was the Silver Wound Badge instigated? If you are looking for someone specifically then you might be able to tell from the MIC if a SWB was awarded but I have a feeling it was after Gallipoli. If you are looking at a bigger picture then it means a lot of hard work finding the correct SWB records to go through ie I think the ledgers are mixed with handfuls of men in one book and handfuls in another. An alternative is to try the lsitings in the local paper that relates to the Home Depot of the Regiment or where the Battalion was raised.

The Times printed lists of the Gallipoli casualties with battalion details (example attached). The Time digital archive is available online through some libraries.

Regards

post-4842-1148372864.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I know some libraries have this info on microfiche too.

Do you have the address/website for the online version?

Thanks,

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this was directed to me or not , but

I am looking for Stephen Filbey, 1st Royal Dublin Fusiliers, wounded 25 April, 1915 and again sick or wounded around 10 September, 1915 (both Gallipoli).

Do you have a website address for the searchable London Times?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian

Im sorry its only the East Yorkshire Regiment I have. There are a couple of forum Pals who have access to the Times though. Have a search it may get a result.

Regards Charles