Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Once a Gordon, Always a Gordon.

Guest youngone

Guest youngone

Hi,

i recently came into possesion of a large collection of personnel effects belonging to a Pte. A. Anderson No.11662 who served with the 8/10th Gordon Highlanders. However i have not been able to find any information on this member and also very little on the battalion itself,

if anyone has any information on the 8/10th battalion then it would be very much appreciated,

Kyle

Hi,

i recently came into possesion of a large collection of personnel effects belonging to a Pte. A. Anderson No.11662 who served with the 8/10th Gordon Highlanders. However i have not been able to find any information on this member and also very little on the battalion itself,

if anyone has any information on the 8/10th battalion then it would be very much appreciated,

Kyle

How about the Gordon's museum in Aberdeen, sure they would be happy to help you.

The Gordon Highlanders Museum has a large archive of miscellaneous documents and photographs covering the history of the Regiment.

The Gordon Highlanders Museum is happy to receive research enquiries, but we do remind researchers that Regimental Museums do not generally hold records of individual soldiers' service. Instead these are held centrally by the Public Record Office and Army Record Office, for whom addresses can be found below.

Making an enquiry...

The museum welcomes enquiries, but due to the volume of enquiries that are received, we do ask that researchers either write in or email:

The Curator

The Gordon Highlanders Museum

St Lukes

Viewfield Road

Aberdeen

AB15 7XH

SCOTLAND

Email: research@gordonhighlanders.com or online at gordonhighlanders.com

As a starting point have you tried downloading his Medal Index Card ?

Medal card of Anderson, Allan

Corps Regiment No Rank

Gordon Highlanders S/11662 Private

Date 1914-1920

Catalogue reference WO 372/1

Link to MIC Index is Here

Steve

8th (Service) Battalion

Formed at Aberdeen, August 1914, as part of K1. August 1914 : attached to 26th Brigade, 9th (Scottish) Division. 7 May 1916 : transferred to 44th Brigade, 15th (Scottish) Division.

11 May 1916 : amalgamated with 10th to form 8/10th Bn.

6 June 1918 : reduced to cadre strength, and transferred to 118th Bn, the 39th Division.

17 August 1918 : disbanded in France.

They were at Passchaendaele July 1917

Jane