Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Postcards from the field / Feldpostkarten

Guest Erika Trueman

Guest Erika Trueman

I have been given a collection of postcards from the field, apparently from the Great War. They were printed by Heinr. Knobloch, Blasewitz, Tolkewitzer Strasse 3, and contain no information on where the photo for the postcards was taken, only a number on the top left hand side of the postcard (picture). The numbers I have are 201, 203, 205, 209, 210, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, as well as one numbered 43 (although this looks more like a photo than postcard, with a handwritten number on it).

Can anyone tell me where I can find out what places are depicted on these postcards from the field?

In German:

Ich habe eine Sammlung von Feldpostkarten, die wahrscheinlich aus dem 1. Weltkrieg stammen. Sie wurden von Heinr. Knobloch, Blasewitz, Tolkewitzer Strasse 3 gedruckt und es ist keine weitere Information auf den Karten angegeben ausser einer Nummer auf der oberen linken Seite des Bildes. Die Nummern die ich habe sind 201, 203, 205, 209, 210, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, sowie eine Nummer 43 (allerdings sieht das Bild mehr nach einem Photo aus, auf dem handschriftlich eine Nummer 43 geschrieben wurde).

Kann mir jemand sagen, wo ich herausfinden kann, welche Stellen/Gegenden auf den Feldpostkarten abgebildet sind?

Vielen Dank,

Erika

Guest Erika Trueman

Forgot to mention.... my grandfather was German and so the cards would have been available to German soldiers only.

Vergass zu erwaehnen, dass mein Grossvater Deutscher war und die Karten Deutschen Soldaten zugaenglich waren.

Erika

• 2 weeks later...
Forgot to mention.... my grandfather was German and so the cards would have been available to German soldiers only.

Vergass zu erwaehnen, dass mein Grossvater Deutscher war und die Karten Deutschen Soldaten zugaenglich waren.

Erika

Hi, Erika;

I thought I posted or sent you a (to me) useful response to this question. (I occasionally preview and edit a post and finally have a "senior moment" and fail to actually post the post.) Let me know if you got it, perhaps by PM or another thread. I don't want to research and type it a second time.

Gruss aus Philadelphia,

Bob Lembke