Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Frezenberg Memorial - All proceeds of this book go to the memorial fun

LizM

Have just received a copy of "Scottish and Associated Battalions in the Ypres Salient" written by Gordon Hall and produced by Ian Alexander. All proceeds of this book will go towards the funding of the Frezenberg Memorial.

It is a must buy. Wonderfuly written - has details of Scottish Regiments and Battalions etc.. associated with them throughtout the five years of WW1.

Has names of some of the casulties and photos of the cemerteries.

A fitting memorial to all who served in WW1

Liz

Liz,

where can we get them from and how much? :)

Barrie

Liz,

where can we get them from and how much? :)

Barrie

Hi Barrie

If you contact Gordon or Ian at

The War Research Society

www.battlefieldtours.co.uk

They will be able to give you the information.

Liz

I have several hundred copies to sell in support of the Memorial Fund.

They only came in today, so I have to ring Ian Alexander to find out how much they are to be sold for. As soon as I know, (Later this evening I hope) I'll post the details here.

Tom

Apologies for the delay in replying to this thread. As soon as I had posted my last message it occurred to me that I should have asked Chris for permission to make the announcement regarding price, even though the book is being sold for a charitable cause which has been mentioned on-forum before.

I now have Chris's permission to continue and thank him for his support.

The book costs £7.50 and postage is £1.14 making a total of £8.64.

The book is published by the War Rsearch Society and all proceeds are going to the Frezenberg Memorial Fund which aims to provide a new memorial in the Ypres Salient in memory of all Scottish soldiers who served there. The story of the proposed memorial has been covered elsewhere on our Forum.

The book is a resume of the involvements of the troops of the Scottish Regiments and battalions associated with them - The Canadian Scottish, the South African Scottish, together with the London Scottish, the Liverpool Scottish and the Tyneside Scottish.

No great detail of the fighting is gone into, but for each Regiment in each year there's a list of officers and men chosen to represent their colleagues.

A4 format, stapled booklet, 69 pages, with beautiful colour photos of cemeteries and memorials.

If any Pals would like a copy, send me a PM.

Tom

post-7-1148729206.jpg

Splendid - well done to all concerned. :D

Apologies for the delay in replying to this thread. As soon as I had posted my last message it occurred to me that I should have asked Chris for permission to make the announcement regarding price, even though the book is being sold for a charitable cause which has been mentioned on-forum before.

I now have Chris's permission to continue and thank him for his support.

The book costs £7.50 and postage is £1.14 making a total of £8.64.

The book is published by the War Research Society and all proceeds are going to the Frezenberg Memorial Fund which aims to provide a new memorial in the Ypres Salient in memory of all Scottish soldiers who served there. The story of the proposed memorial has been covered elsewhere on our Forum.

The book is a resume of the involvements of the troops of the Scottish Regiments and battalions associated with them - The Canadian Scottish, the South African Scottish, together with the London Scottish, the Liverpool Scottish and the Tyneside Scottish.

No great detail of the fighting is gone into, but for each Regiment in each year there's a list of officers and men chosen to represent their colleagues.

A4 format, stapled booklet, 69 pages, with beautiful colour photos of cemeteries and memorials.

If any Pals would like a copy, send me a PM.

Tom

Tom,

Looks like an interesting book and for a good cause. I'll have a copy off you at the next South Staffs Pals meet on 6th June.

Roy

Tom,

Roy really meant to say that he'll have "TWO or MORE" copies off you. :D

He's a good guy and I know what he meant ;)

Tom,

Looks like an interesting book and for a good cause. I'll have a copy off you at the next South Staffs Pals meet on 6th June.

Roy

I'll try not to forget the date this time Roy, and I'll bring a copy along for you.

Tom

All proceeds of this book will go towards the funding of the Frezenberg Memorial.

Could someone give me details about this proposed Frezenberg Memorial?

Andy

Could someone give me details about this proposed Frezenberg Memorial?

Andy

Andy - there have been a few threads mentioning the proposed memorial, some with pictures, but these are no longer being displayed. You can find out more about the proposals on this website.

Tom

I've just received my copy today from Tom - superb it is too.

Highly recommended.

Received my Copy from Tom on 3 June.

I echo Derek's comments.

George