Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Looking for Thomas Leighton

l.harding

I am trying to identify the regiment of a Thomas Leighton killed in WW1, who came from Pauntley Parish (Glos) - born Frederick Thomas but I believe he enlisted as Thomas. There are several Thomas on the CWGC site but I don't know which one was him - possibly either Kings Shropshire Light Infantry one or Royal Glos Hussars. Does anyone have access to any information that would help identify him? He would have been born 1893/1894.

Many thanks!

Lesley Harding

Guest geoff501
I am trying to identify the regiment of a Thomas Leighton killed in WW1, who came from Pauntley Parish (Glos) - born Frederick Thomas but I believe he enlisted as Thomas. There are several Thomas on the CWGC site but I don't know which one was him - possibly either Kings Shropshire Light Infantry one or Royal Glos Hussars. Does anyone have access to any information that would help identify him? He would have been born 1893/1894.

SDGW has this,looks like your man:

Household Cavalry and Cavalry of the Line (incl. Yeomanry and Imperial Camel Corps)

Royal Gloucestershire Hussars, Yeomanry.

Surname LEIGHTON

Christian Name(s) Thomas Frederick Initials T F

Enlisted Gloucester

Residence Gloucester

Died Date 01/07/16 Rank PRIVATE

Died How Died

Theatre of War Palestine Number 2313

Thanks for this Geoff - it sounds like him although not sure why residence is shown as Gloucester when I would have expected it to be Pauntley - I will try and find if he moved away from home now I have more information

Lesley Harding