Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

30864 Private Edwin Tidey.

SilverSoldier

B)

Hello every one.

I am researching my Great Uncle 30864 Private Edwin Tidey.

Edwin was born 29th January 1881, the second son of Edwin(snr) and Clara Tidey, brother of Ellen, William, Emma (My paternal Grandmother) Clara, Fred and Jemima.

They lived in Westmill Road, Ware, Herts and latterly in Watton Road Cottages, Watton Road, Ware, Herts.

His profession was a Brickmaker, as was his Father.

Edwin enlisted in Ware, Hertfordshire, date unknown. Joined 7th Bn (Shiney 7th) Bedfordshire Regiment.

His date of being shipped Overseas to France Flanders unknown.

Medal entitlement unknown.

His photograph appears as my avatar, under my username.

My tribute to him is my signature on this site.

I am looking for any information on Edwin / 7th Bn Bedfordshire Regiment, photographs, etc, I would really appreciate any help you may be able to give. The wealth of knowledge of the members of this site is phenomenal! A fantastic and informative site.

Terry W. B)

Thank you, I had not looked at the site you kindly directed to to.

However, I have just done so!

Regards,

Terry W. B)

Hi Terry

Just seen your kind comments on my site. Thank you.

Although I cant do it tonight Im afraid, I can give you a good idea of when he enlisted from his number & work out what draft of the 7th Btn he would have arrived in. I may even have his Medal Roll etc as I have several hundred pages of the Regtl Medal Rolls.

Unfortunately Im in the process of recovering the data I recently lost when the PC motherboard burnt out, which includes my service number analysis database, Medal Rolls etc etc, so hope to be able to see over the weekend, depending on how things go!! :rolleyes:

If you email me, it will ensure I do it, as with everything going on, Im a bit all over the place at the mo!! :(

Cheers

Steve

Hi Terry

Just seen your kind comments on my site. Thank you.

Although I cant do it tonight Im afraid, I can give you a good idea of when he enlisted from his number & work out what draft of the 7th Btn he would have arrived in. I may even have his Medal Roll etc as I have several hundred pages of the Regtl Medal Rolls.

Unfortunately Im in the process of recovering the data I recently lost when the PC motherboard burnt out, which includes my service number analysis database, Medal Rolls etc etc, so hope to be able to see over the weekend, depending on how things go!! :rolleyes:

If you email me, it will ensure I do it, as with everything going on, Im a bit all over the place at the mo!! :(

Cheers

Steve

B) Thank you Steve, the information will be gratefully received. I hope you have successfully recovered your data and renewed your board. I have sent you a PM.

Terry. W

B) Thank you Steve, the information will be gratefully received. I hope you have successfully recovered your data and renewed your board. I have sent you a PM.

Terry. W

;) Reply to Raster Scanning.

I received your PM, thank you, this information will be very welcome.

I have sent you a PM.

Terry. W