Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Recipients of the Distinguished Conduct Medal 1914-1920

BULLDOGFOGG

Pals im thinking of buying this, although it does seem some what expensive. Does it just contain copies of the LG Citations or is there more to it in terms of content ??

Regards

kev

Dunno what you're thinking of paying. It's really a regimental/name list of recipients, with dates of LG entries, etc. very few citations, and a few photos. I am not a collector, but I bought this 20 years ago for £18 and like it a lot, but it has little information above the names, reginments, ranks and dates of awards.

If it is the R Walker Book it just contains a list of each DCM by Regiment/Corps with Gazette Date of Citation the Actual Citations were published later in loose leaf form by Regiment{or combination of smaller regiments}by a different publisher,

If you are seeking the Citations of a particular Unit you would be better off buying a copy of DCM Citations 1914~20{The Regiment you need} published I think by the London Medal Company circa 1980s[iSBN 1 85154 075 X[That is the ISBN for the TF Battns inc; All London Rgts]

One of my local book shops has a variety of the Citations books at about £15 each.

Not bad if you are researching a regiment. No Northamptonshire Regiment one though. <_<

So compiling one myself. Except the Gazette site is Kaput. :(

Steve.

eeeee £18 twenty year ago, them were the days! that'd make the current price of around £55 on abebooks about right, Its a reference work best suited if your interested in several units and if your going to look at it quite a few times. Maybe it'll be reprinted or are there copywrite problems?

One of my local book shops has a variety of the Citations books at about £15 each.

Hi Steve

Do you know if they have one for the Shropshires :)

Annette

Anyone know how Rob Walker is doing these days? Last saw him 20 years ago in Upton on Severn battling against flood water. Phil B

Not bad if you are researching a regiment. No Northamptonshire Regiment one though. <_<

So compiling one myself. Except the Gazette site is Kaput. :(

Steve.

Steve

What book shop is that?. Must find somewhere to blow my bonus!!!!!

Chris