Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MODERATOR QUESTION - CAN I POST THESE PHOTOS ?

Guest Langemark1418

Guest Langemark1418

Dear Moderator Team.

I have quite a few photos here on which I would love to get some information on units etc. Mainly British Tank photos. I would like to post them here but I am not sure if I should do so as some of them show some very unpleasant views of the killed crew members. I do not want to disrespect the fallen and as it might be possible to name the crew members of certain tanks i would like to know your opinion. Thanks a lot.

Rob

Guest Langemark1418

I am not sure. These are private photographs taken by german soldiers , never meant to be published. I maybe a little overcautious when it comes to that but I do not want to post the photos of someones grandfather here ..so I better ask.

But they did publish them. I am sure I have seen them before, even on this forum I believe. Could be from before our Great Picture Loss though.

Regards,

Marco

Also not a moderator, so my opinion does not count (nor matter i guess :P )

but given the space of time that has elapsed it is unlikely to 'hurt' anyone. Afterall war is not a nice business.

That said If you wonder then others may so wait for 'permission'

regards

Arm

Personally, I think it would be educational for us to see uncensored photos. If there were more, people would be less likely to rush to war on a pretext. Phil B

I too would like to see the photographs. I think it would be educational. Moreover, my respect for the dead (and the survivors) only grows as I learn details of what they endured.

Regards

Carninyj

Rob,

I applaud your reasons for requesting permission. If I had photo's showing dead German soldiers I too would think twice before posting them on a forum where the membership is mainly German.

However, for what it is worth (i.e. not a lot!), you have my permission. I think Carninyj has neatly summed up my view.

Guest Langemark1418

Thanks mein Freund,

as all these answers above give me a green light I will start posting some of my unidentified pictures I have in the future.

Although we germans "fear god, and nothing else in the world" :D I wouldn't have liked to hurt someone when posting such pictures. I am fine now, thanks again ! I am off to bed now, another early shift in the morning :(