Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Worst Memorials

Guest Hill 60

Andrew-I am pleased to learn that a memorial to the pub bombing dead has been put up at long last. Is it an official council memorial, or the initiative of the cathedral?

It's amazing how many of us mentioned the Piiper's Memorial as a really bad one and I do think no more new ones. The only new one I like is Welch Division dragon at Mametz Wood. Sorry to say so but I don't think much of the Pals ones near Serre.

Paul,

Especially for you. It still doesn't ' look right ' <_<

post-19-1066330723.jpg

lol :lol: not bad not bad

i tell you what from the back that would look very nice.

i must say i was at the uveiling of that memorial and i didnt think much of it to start with. Still the pipers wine the mayor is selling is very nice.

es.

I agree. He looks like every choleric, alcholically-challenged Scotsman I ever knew. And that's quite a few. If statues could speak he would say "See you, Jimmy"

I visited Longueval with my wife a few days before the memorial was unveiled, I returned in May this year and was very disapointed in what I saw, as she did not go on the second trip she told me to photograph the piper, so she now has a photo of two choleric, alcholically-challenged Scotsmen, and if he could speak I'm sure he would have said "I Can see you Jimmy". :D