Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

He died on this date

Guest KevinEndon

horace mycock,originally enlisted in the 13th batt royal fusiliers.

lived at tittesworth cottage and worked on the haregate estate,previously wounded in 1916 and sent to a hospital in glasgow.age 27

may be a cousin of samuel mycock 3/5th north staffs,lived at 3 court,8 ashbourne rd,leek

bernard

Guest KevinEndon

Bernard if you know where a copy of this fasinating book is for sale could you send me a Private Message as I would dearly love to get my hands on a copy of it. Many thanks Kevin

I would assume that Bernard is quoting from the 1914-1915 Leek & District Sailors & Soldiers Roll of Honour.

I myself have a copy that I picked up off Ebay a few months ago. I have no idea where you could get a copy, but I would be happy to do any look ups. I only got it as a result of my stumbling on a trio to a Leek man who served in the Leek Battery 2nd North Midland Brigade, later 'C'Battery 231st Brigade. Their history is detailed in the book "Over There" that is widely available through the likes of Tom Morgan Books. I have since obtained 2 Trios to men who served in that battery - one an MM winner, the other a fellow who is pictured several times in the book and who's diary was used in the writing. A fascinating book and well worth the small investment if you are interested in the men of Leek. I am still researching the medals - which will no doubt take me a little time !!

hiya priv,i also have over there,great book,from tom morgan,i also have chris sheldons book,ROLL OF HONOUR,i got this from chris himself,its all those who died from leek and districts,it can be got from three counties publishing,PO box 435,leek,staffs,sti3 5tb,PP the sailors+soldiers book is off e.bay,and they dont come cheap,those from your home village of endon are listed seperately,bernard