Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Wiltshire Reg - service numbers around the 25600's

Ian Underwood

Hi all

Just quickly, I've offered to help a friend with some research on their father who survived the war with the Wiltshires (Pte Bertram Blake #25595). Predictably enough though, his records are missing.

Tow add to the confusion, when cross-referencing consecutive Wiltshire service numbers on the online MICs with the CWGC I have come up with the following info. The casulaties who're 10 or 15 numbers either side of my man appear to have served with the 7th Bn, whilst travelling further afield, men with service numbers perhaps 30 or 40 numbers on either side appear to have served with the 1st Bn.

I suppose men around this draft would've been used to plug gaps in existing Battalion's rather than form their own? does this appear a likley hypothosis, and can we track down an enlistment date?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Ian.

Ian Have you made any enquiries here yet?

http://www.thewardrobe.org.uk/main.php3

I know they've a full Medal Roll as they are wondering whether to Publish it or not.

Wow, thanks for the info, I've just visted the site for the first time.

I'm over the other side of the globe, but my friend is locacted in the old dart so I'll pass on the info to him. What a fantastic resource though, why isn't there an online resource of equal quality for 'my' regiment the Middlesex? Darn it!

Ian.