Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

indiscreet memories

vervos

I came upon this link recently, while reading an old thread on the Aerodrome Forum about Manfred von Richthofen:

click here

Has anyone read this person's indiscreet 'memories' about the dubious fun and frolics he claims to have enjoyed with Boelke, Voss, his brother Lothar, myriad women and animals? Strange he found time to shoot any aircraft down!

Vervos

I came upon this link recently, while reading an old thread on the Aerodrome Forum about Manfred von Richthofen:

click here

Has anyone read this person's indiscreet 'memories' about the dubious fun and frolics he claims to have enjoyed with Boelke, Voss, his brother Lothar, myriad women and animals? Strange he found time to shoot any aircraft down!

Vervos

I posted this only because it seems so ludicrous and deeply disrespectful to the German Fliers, that I wondered if anyone might comment upon it.

It is beneath contempt, perhaps...

Good for a laugh at this time of night :D It sounds strangely un-German to me - more of an adult Mills and Boon. The site could provide interesting source material for a research project - as long as it wasn't Great War research.

Quite a strange website that :unsure: . However, each to their own!

Dave.

Like the (now disappeared) recent post on 'Personal' from a claimant to the throne of Prussia called Kenneth (or similar), I think it's a useful reminder that there are people out there who are prepared to go to extraordinary lengths .... for who knows what reason. That said, frustrated with being unable to find authentic material, I once wrote - based on the information I did have - a 'mock diary' for someone I was researching, and later found real information that confirmed a couple of my speculations. Other people's fantasies can sometimes spark new lines of thought.

Oh Dear!

Goes right over my head which i think is a good thing.

Roland. :unsure:

Well, I can tell you the concept of previous lives and memories of those lives is very popular and has a bevy of groups and "cults" and adherents at various levels all over the world.

Much research has been done ... and depending on what you believe the work on revealing past memories that has done so much damage (or brought to justice so many villians - depending on how you look at it) to the American Justice system ... may be more revealing past fantasies ... or past life memories, confused.

In almost any bookstore you can find "The Course in Miracles" ... it is the channeled voice of Jesus setting us straight ... he chose a couple of Jewish American psychologists to be his channel ... but the concept is the same ...

I, for one, don't really believe all this stuff ... as a Christian, I should believe that we have one shot at the world and this is it ... but, lingering doubts of life's finality remain ...

Now ... about Prussian Military bi-sexuality ... picture in your mind Hindenburg and Luddendorf as "close personal friends" ... yeah ... now what's for breakfast?

I think much of this is done by people with little else to amuse them but to sit and stare at candles and dream out loud ...

ain't the Inet grand ...

Hey don't sell the Germans short...

General von Hülsen-Haeseler, no less a personage than the chief of the Military Cabinet, died in a ballerina's costume while dancing for the Kaiser.

Now explain that one away... :lol:

Paul

Don't keep us hanging in suspense (suspenders?), Paul - tell us more!

Adrian

Hey don't sell the Germans short...

General von Hülsen-Haeseler, no less a personage than the chief of the Military Cabinet, died in a ballerina's costume while dancing for the Kaiser.

Now explain that one away... :lol:

Paul

Shouldn't that be 'chief of the Military Caberet'?

Why is it that everyone who has been reincarnated was always someone famously famous in a previous life?

Tom

Perhaps because those who reveal/boast about previous lives as famous persons are too conceited or bored by the perceived banality of their present life that they attach themselves to defunct notables to enliven their present existences, so may fantasise to contribute to their need for attention. Most previous incarnations are barely remembered in detail, and are usually quite ordinary in terms of the subject's status. Rittmeister and others of his ilk tend to bring a difficult and easily maligned concept into further disrepute. An interesting example of impressive past-life experience is the R.101 séance material.

Vervos

Rittmeister and others of his ilk tend to bring a difficult and easily maligned concept into further disrepute. An interesting example of impressive past-life experience is the R.101 séance material.

Vervos

The Looney Rittmeister is actually a girl. I think the moderator should remove this topic from this forum as any recognition of this loonies site only serves to send more people to it and anyone who reads her dribble will be profoundly dumber by the experience.

She is one of the reasons I loathe the Aerodrome Forum.

Regards,

Andrew

Why is it that everyone who has been reincarnated was always someone famously famous in a previous life?

Tom

I wasn't, well anyone famous that is unless ...

I have a distinct childhood memory, before I was 4 years old, of being rowed in a small boat around the stern of an ol' wooden man-o'-war, I remember the three laterns high up, now was I some Captain or Admiral?

Another memory is of walking around a large ship on display in a dock, whilst I was wearing on my head something like a straw boater and with lots of well dressed-up civillians all around. Only in later life have I come to recognise these as a Royal Sovereign type battleship (no gun house) and a Sennet hat.

Another recollection is of watching an 2-2-2 tender engine pulling a train into a station, with an over something bridge on the approach.

Now I don't believe in re-incarnation either, which leaves me somewhat baffled, particularly as I sense vague memories of going over-the-top from a period of my life long before I would have known about such things. :unsure:

Right on both counts, Andrew. There's a lot of it about on the A.F.

Vervos

Ok Vervos so you loath The Aerodrome Forum but it was while you were on it you came across " your " link.

Roland :unsure:

Ok Vervos so you loath The Aerodrome Forum but it was while you were on it you came across " your " link.

Roland :unsure:

So what? There is some reasonable information there mixed up with the personal dross and egomania.

Vervos

So what? There is some reasonable information there mixed up with the personal dross and egomania.

Vervos

Ah , ok.

Roland.