Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bootleg Pals polo shirts

John_Hartley

Chris’s post confirming that the latest consignment of Pals’ polo shirts has “gone missing” with the courier raises a sinister spectre. These shirts may now have fallen into THE WRONG HANDS and, even as you read this, a fifth column of bogus “Pals” may already be forming.

These shirts were heading for deepest Warwickshire, but could now be anywhere. It’s likely though that they have headed towards the M1 corridor so may now be in Bedfordshire or, more likely, Northamptonshire.

Members of this Forum need to be alert for these potentially dangerous imposters. They are likely to be found in places where Great War enthusiasts congregate – WFA meetings, anywhere that alcohol is consumed, etc. You must be on your guard.

But how to tell if the Wearer of the Shirt is genuine or an imposter? Certainly, they will have at least superficial knowledge of the subject. They may pretend to have the generosity of sprit for which this Forum is reknowned – and offer to do small favours for you. But these favours will only be offered for their own secret and subversive ends from which they derive their pleasure.

They may even say that they wear pink clothing. This could be a dead giveaway – ask to see the evidence as only a genuine Pal would “Wear the Pink”. But check carefully to ensure that it really is pink and not salmon or faded cerise.

Any other tips about how we might spot an imposter?

Post now……….before it’s too late.

John

B)

The easy way to find the tea-leaf is to look out for a label on the back of the Polo Shirt, which Chris was cunning enough to identify them with.

If the label says Small, Medium, Large, or Extra Large, clap 'em in irons.

Chris’s post confirming that the latest consignment of Pals’ polo shirts has “gone missing” with the courier raises a sinister spectre. These shirts may now have fallen into THE WRONG HANDS and, even as you read this, a fifth column of bogus “Pals” may already be forming.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god ......

Trench and his visions of rape and pillage may well come to fruission.

Ladies, bolt the doors . ...... .....

Fleur

John Hartley may be right about Northamptonshire, all sorts of strange things happen here.

I am sure John's old pal T R Worthington was wearing a bootleg pink pals polo shirt or some other sort of fakery when I last saw him.

People will be faking headstones and memorials next.

Martin

C'mon now girls and boys!!

Get your Pals polo shirts here

fridge magnets, tea towels, we've got 'em all

Lovely jubbly, 'ave a dekko...

Yep - there's only one way to be safe now........

Ladies & Gentlemen I present Mr Tom Morgan, President of the Marc Bolan Appreciation Society!

:lol:

Damn - and I just deleted the post before anyone commented on it - seconds too late. My daughter says I ought to put it back.

post-8-1064600317.jpg

Interesting responses, so far.

Tom - I spotted your original post earlier on. Good to see the teacher in you coming out !

Anyone think the double-Wills response was abit quick off the mark. Can't think why. 'twas only a casual reference to Northants, to be sure. ;)

Nearly, John, nearly! The shirts were hijacked at Junction 13 of the M1 (Buckinghamshire Badlands) and sent to a back street sweat-shop in Wolverton, where they were overstamped with the words:

'I joined Wimbledon FC at Milton Keynes'

The shirts were hijacked at Junction 13 of the M1 (Buckinghamshire Badlands) and sent to a back street sweat-shop in Wolverton, where they were overstamped with the words:

'I joined Wimbledon FC at Milton Keynes'

Between Junctions 13 & 14 is Bandit Country, no-one is safe! Many consignments have 'vanished' between these two junctions only to reappear, with new branding, on the mean streets of downtown Northampton.

As for Wimbledon FC (the MK Dons), I'd rather watch the under 10's team play on the pitch next to my house, they win more games!

Tom's trousers look so pink on my monitor that they seem to take on the appearance of one of those thermal image pictures where the hot spots are brighter. Extraordinary. Did those poor teenagers ever recover from that trip.

By the way, I have a pair of bright red trousers that my children absolutely forbid me to wear. I must smuggle them out to France on the next trip and disport myself on a bunker !

I'd rather watch the under 10's team play on the pitch next to my house, they win more games!

Lee,

I thought from past posts that ladies hockey was more your game - sad to see it being ousted from CMK.

Ian W - we shall all rely on Cindy to provide the photographic evidence. Have a good trip and don't glow in the dark. Kate says she has a pair of bright red trousers - can she come too?

I think we need to make a film like those you get at the start of videotapes, with some 'dodgy geezer' flogging all the latest hits and refusing to deal with a disaffected customer. I seem to recall the same poor actor in another such advert for dodgy goods playing an equally slimy stallholder.. Boy, does he need a new agent.. (I wish to point out here, before the e-mails start, that I do not consider all market stallholders to be 'slimy' or 'dodgy'! - except those selling rip-off Pals Forum shirts....)

I thought from past posts that ladies hockey was more your game - sad to see it being ousted from CMK.

Martin - The Courts imposed a restriction order on me watching ladies hockey matches after a terrible misunderstanding. :ph34r: