Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help needed please

Kevino

Hi

Please forgive what might seem trivial enquires and a drawn out explanation but i am totally new to this

I am trying to research my Great Grandfather Leonard Maund i have his

Regiment No: 195545

Reference No: RG 150, Accession 1992-93/166, Box 6055-46

57th regiment

I know he joined the Canadian Overseas Exeditionary Force in 1916 so far to date and have managed to obtain his Attestation Papers, i gather from this information i am know able to order his service records fron Canada. first query is that although i have found the relevant site all prices are quated in Canadian dollars (how much and how do i send from england)

secondly can i increase my search into his activities whilst waiting for the records to arrive ( i believe it can take a while)

And finally can anyone shed more light on the role the 57th Regiment and possible links to photographs/documentation relevant to this

Thanks in advance of any reply

first query is that although i have found the relevant site all prices are quated in Canadian dollars (how much and how do i send from england)

Hi Kevino,

I usually just include my credit card number along with the request for a service record. Turnaround time is usually a couple of weeks in my experience. The Canadian Archives service is exemplary and excellent value for money.

Gary

As someone else posted, you may use a Credit Card to obtain records. I just received two sets of records in less than two weeks, though I am in Canada.

The amount of information in the records is VERY well worth it. Once you have the records it is easier to search the War Diaries online for information on specific dates/regiments.

Wendy

The Canadian Archives service is exemplary and excellent value for money.

I second that.