Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Information wanted on RFC / R.N.A.S Officers

medals1976

Hi, can anyone help me with regards to some RFC Officers I seem to have little luck researching. The first is 2nd Lieutenant W.F.E de Maclaren, he is listed in Sky Their battlefield as wounded on 16/06/17 but I can find little about him after this date.

The second is to a 2nd Lieutenant T.B Fraser whom was a Balloon Officer and mentioned in Communique No.97 July 1917 but cannot find anything on him.

The third chap is 2nd Lieutenant Robert Simpson Collins. I have copies of his papers and he is listed as KIA but do not know how he died as opinions differ. His service records state a squadron but it is not clear so if anyone knows it would be much appreciated.

Lastly I am trying to research F/Sub Lieut W.C Michie R.N.A.S. This Officer is listed on the 1918 RAF list as Major, I have his 1914-15 Star. His RAF Papers state service at Gallipoli on Kite Balloons with HMS Manica. Perhaps anyone knows anything about him.

Thank-you!

2Lt R S Collins of No 2 Sqn RFC was killed in an accident on 9 March 1918 while flying in Armstrong Whitworth FK 8 B5786. His observer, Lt John Bower Lewis Heney MC, formerly Canadian Field Artillery, was also killed in the accident.

I hope that this helps

Gareth

2Lt R S Collins of No 2 Sqn RFC was killed in an accident on 9 March 1918 while flying in Armstrong Whitworth FK 8 B5786. His observer, Lt John Bower Lewis Heney MC, formerly Canadian Field Artillery, was also killed in the accident.

I hope that this helps

Gareth

Many thanks for your help Gareth.

Regards.

Mike.