Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Capt John McClelland (Mc Lelland) KB

pgarwood

Hi there I have a series of documents / medals on this man and have tried the LG to find out about his MID. The records say MID LG 1.1.19 but I cannot find it.

I think I have found a few references to him becoming acting Capt KB but that is all. Can anyone help?

This is my first WWI aquisition of a KB officer and I am struggling to make sense of it. Any advice welcomed.

I am beginning to wonder if his name was mispelt or similar.

LG dates on his papers are :11/02/18 and LG.1.1.19 (ic2) and Ty 2nd Lt 11.06.18 (first appt)

Thanks

Peter

MIDs are "a bit of a b****r" to find in the Gazette, even with a date.

This is due to the first word of a line not being recognised by the LG search. In the case of MIDs this is the surname!

I have a list of links for Western Front MIDs at home but won't be able to look it up until later tonight.

What is the context of the 11.2.18 by the way?

Steve.

Stebie

Don't the London Gazettes dated 1st January 1919 cover New Years Honours etc.. I didn't think that MID's were covered in those issues for that date?

Steve

MIDs are "a bit of a b****r" to find in the Gazette, even with a date.

This is due to the first word of a line not being recognised by the LG search. In the case of MIDs this is the surname!

I have a list of links for Western Front MIDs at home but won't be able to look it up until later tonight.

What is the context of the 11.2.18 by the way?

Steve.

This is the run down:

Born 5th Feb 1880His Naval file states: Rank TFPO 11.2.18 and shows entry to RNAS in Jan 1918

He made T/Lt 25.4.18 Act/Capt 13.7.18 and unemployed list 01.3.19.

Served: 1 Ballooon TS, 5 Balloon Base Gibraltar (28.6.18), Mediterranean District for Disposal (13.7.18), Back to 5 BB, and finally 1 BT Depot (26.2.19).

His MID is looged down as being LG 1.1.19 but I cannot find it!

Any ideas?

Thanks

peter garwood