Remembered Today:

"The Times" digital Archive

Tom Morgan

Tom

You are the top man of the day

Thank you.

Glyn

Kate,

Yes, the Gaieties article is by Leslie Henson. Previously published in the Evening News.

Steve.

Paul,

You have residential status, so I don't see why not. Go in and ask. The worst they can say is no, and if it is 'yes' believe me you will be stuck at your computer keyboard until kingdom come.

Stebie

Is that the article by Leslie Henson?

Thanks for the information...a bit of shame that I'm only pursuing this after being here 3 years!!!

Paul

...a bit of shame that I'm only pursuing this after being here 3 years!!!

Better late than never, Paul - and it is an excellent resource :)

Jim

This is a serious addiction!!!!

I have been there previously and found it a gold mine of info. I had been stuck on genealogy on Valparaiso Chile relatives, then found they always published births marriages and deaths in the London Times and solved the lot.

Since I am living in the USA the free library route is not open to me and these free trials are the only practical way.

Last time I forgot to do some searches until the trial window had closed so this one was a sensation for me, I did those and then got addicted, so much that about five hours (guessing) later the site said I had reached a limit on searches and no more.

I think I deserve at least a brevet rank on the forum for that. :)

Regds Bill

• 1 year later...

I've had unrestricted access since Tony Lund kindly put myself and others on to it a couple of months ago. I go through 'Bedfordshire Virtual Archive'. I'm beginning to worry now in case I get a whopping bill. Where is Bedfordshire? :lol:

Guest geoff501
I'm beginning to worry now in case I get a whopping bill. Where is Bedfordshire? :lol:

been re-located to Gordon Brown's constituency, so the bill is going to be a real whopper :lol:

Hmm, funny...

Tom's link doesn't work, and the other suggestions here don't seem to work for me either.

When you say "Blue panel on the right..." do you mean the one that says "select your area of interest?"

Where is the "others," option located?

I don't seem to be seeing what you're seeing.

Paul

Same here, Paul.

been re-located to Gordon Brown's constituency, so the bill is going to be a real whopper :lol:

It's the most he'll be getting from me this year :lol:

Cheers,

Dave

I would love to get access to this...........is anyone else still unable to access it? I can't figure out what to do.

Hi Max,

You're not alone. I can't get in either. No blue panel, no 'other', no freebie!

Bah!

doesn't work for me either - obviously live in the wrong part of the country

Members of Bristol Bath Somerset and South Gloucester Libraries can access the Times on Line Archive from home using their Library pin number through the Library site - be warned however that only seven users can log on at any one time -so access is chancy.

Ancestry is also available but you have to use a computer in a Library

Just looked at the site to check my facts and find it is down!!!!!

Brian

Could someone oblige with the link after the other (missing in my case too) option has been clicked ?

Or perhaps the lucky ones are all on-line there already.

Thanks

Jarvis

Perhaps I am missing something, but the posts with the original information, about blue panels etc, are a year old. Perhaps this is why people are finding that the procedure doesn't work.

Gwyn

Gwynn, thanks for your not being dim and for pointing out how dim I am.

I noticed only April and not the year.

I had wondered how the post had so many 'views' so quickly.

I will find my Dunce cap and a warm corner for the rest of the evening.

Jarvis

Jarvis, I wasn't being disingenuous or intentionally supercilious. I saw it as perfectly possible that I might have missed some updated information as I don't read everything carefully. What I know about this forum's subject matter could be written on a postage stamp.

Gwyn

Jarvis, I wasn't being disingenuous or intentionally supercilious. I saw it as perfectly possible that I might have missed some updated information as I don't read everything carefully. What I know about this forum's subject matter could be written on a postage stamp.

Gwyn

Gwyn, I was certainly not offended and am pleased you pointed this out, so I don't waste any more time on last years threads, well, those that no longer work anyway. I am now trying to write disingenous on my Dunces hat. I think I will be needing a bigger hat which may well entail finding a bigger corner, which in turn will take more heating.

Jarvis

Hi Max,

You're not alone. I can't get in either. No blue panel, no 'other', no freebie!

Bah!

The same here - I wonder why that is?

Marina

Guest geoff501
Is there a thread for this year?

Marina

I could not find one on searching before I posted. Also a Google on Library week only turned up the event in the US and last year's Gale/Times website stuff.