Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Church Lads Brigade

MACRAE

Thanks for the message, Julian - blimey - is it as long as that?? Rayleigh - my son (and grandson) live there, and that memorial looks like a typical War Memorial - which I why I went to have a good look at it the first time I saw it. I was quite surprised to see that it was commemorating something quite different. It was placed in the High Street in 1908.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carolewarren

I just traded for some badges today and among them was a cap badge and shoulder titles to the Church Lads Brigade who are they ?. Also a strange looking cloth patch any clues guys please. I also got a nice Liverpool Pals sweetheart brooch .

Hi macrae,I'm new to this site,don't know alot about WW1,but I do know about 'the church lads and church girls brigade' as it is known today,it is still going strong ,my 2 girls were active members when they were younger and they were in thier units marching band,won lots of awards,went all over England including aldershot.they still take part in events now and are still firm friends with comrades they met there,Roxeth and harrow have links with newfoundland to this day.The hq. was in finchley,london,but moved some time ago to wath upon dearne,rotherham,yorks.I'm sure they will be able to give any info.you need.Hope this posting helps.regards .lily..

lily

why don't you join clcgb historical group? type 'church lads' into search. very interesting group.

johnny conn

Historical Group - The Church Lads' and Church Girls' Brigade

The Brigade's Historical Group is extremely active. A magazine is produced twice a year.

Membership is £5 per year. Secretary is Neville Gray, 01522 509 700, russ@fieldfarmhouse.fsnet.co.uk.

The Annual Conference is on Sat. 26th September 2009 at Brigade HQ.

The Brigade's archives, which are extensive, are at Brigade Headquarters at Wath upon Dearne, near Sheffield.