Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Taxis in Ypres (2006!)

Graham-McAdam

I've just picked up this request from a colleague in the travel firm we work for:

.....just wondering if any clients last year expressed a wish to visit specific war cemeteries around Ypres - for family reasons. I know that its easy to arrange taxis ....

Is it easy to get a taxi in Ypres? Has anyone any idea how much it would charge to get to, say Langemark or Tyne Cot? They only have an afternoon visit, usually spent in the Museum, then a walk to the Gate, so not much time.

Thanks

I've just picked up this request from a colleague in the travel firm we work for:

.....just wondering if any clients last year expressed a wish to visit specific war cemeteries around Ypres - for family reasons. I know that its easy to arrange taxis ....

Is it easy to get a taxi in Ypres? Has anyone any idea how much it would charge to get to, say Langemark or Tyne Cot? They only have an afternoon visit, usually spent in the Museum, then a walk to the Gate, so not much time.

Thanks

try the battlefield trip {afternoon one} done by the grenadier book shop just below the menin gate

bruce

I was able to get a taxi from the Ariane Hotel to Klein Vierstratt and then onto Pop; the hotel staff arranged it for me; it cost me 50 euros (including tip) for an hour trip

We tried to find one on the square - no cab ranks in Belgium; phone from the hotel/B&B, as you won't see one passing by.