Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

G T RICE war artist/male tank WW1

L.arnold

Hi

How much would someone pay for an original painting watercolour off a WW1 male tank coloured in cambrai colours nice picture. Someone told me the artist has died will that effect price i have no idear im a medal man any advice please.

Regards luke.

Luke,

I knew a George RICE who lived in Tottenham, North London who was an artist focusing mainly on the subject of war. He painted a picture of my Grandad in a Boer War setting. I think I paid about £40 for this a good ten years ago.

Sadly this George died several years ago, although a good artist i do not think he was particularly famous in this field so I do not suppose his works would reach vast sums due to his death, but you never know in this crazy world we live in.

Regards,

Scottie

Luke,

I always work on the principle that if you like it and you are willing to pay what they want for it, it has to be worth it!

Let us know how you get on if you decide to splash out,

Regards,

Scottie.

For once I concur with the Norf Londen windbag, if it's within your means to get it, then do so, you'll only regret not buying it later.

It's true value is what it means to you......

Hi

Thanks for your reply the painting is great as its more than just a painting its cambrai 1917 colours which was part off the Machine Gun Corps, Royal Tank Regt. I was a serving member for 5 years in the 2nd Royal Tank Regt so its nice to me like you said i will regret not buying it but the fella wants £650 for it bit to pricy i think i will have to do more research into the artist.

Luke. THANKS.

Hi

Thanks again for the reply mate again i know nothing about paintings im a medal man but its just so nice i dont think the artist severd in WW1 all i know is he has died recently. Yep it is expensive i will try and haggle the price down. THANKS

Luke.