Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pictures of the Irish Guards

reilly

A long shot I know - but this forum has been very useful in the past!

Does anyone have any pictures of the 2nd Battalion Irish Guard from 1915 to December 1916?

or pictures of the Irish Guards from April 1900 to 1906?

I am trying to locate a picture of my great grandfather a Private Patrick Driscoll.

Or any pointers from Forum members on how I could track these down?

Cheers

Brian

Yes Brian,

Write to the following address.

Captain Mc Ellin

Regimental Headquarters

Irish Guards

Wellington Barracks

Birdcage Walk

London

SW1E 6HQ

As well as holding service records there is also a huge archive of photographs of the IG held on the premises. Your first port of call is to enquire for your namesake, then perhaps his unit. These are not computerised unfortunately and a search by hand is required for which there will be a charge. I was offered to come on the premises to search myself, do not be surprised if it is £25. What there policy on copyright and use thereof is I have no idea. Alternately also check out website URL. http://www.irishguards.net/default-old.htm

Regards Paul

Thanks Paul -I am really surprised I got a response on that one!- I will write and let you know how I get on!

The IG recently sent me Patricks service record and it was a treasure of information on his service. Would like to see a picture of him as well.

Thanks Owen I checked e-bay but none currently available - I will keep on checking though

Cheers

Brian

owen d were on ebay?

Cory, The picture isn't there now. I searched eBay for "Grenadier Guards squad" or "Grenadier Guards photo" and just saw what came up. There were 2, one was named with 4th Bn men so I bought that one.

Just see what's there from day to day.