Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Marquis de Ruvigny's Roll of Honour

andy1400

Would anyone be able to tell me where or how I might be able to check some names on the Marquis de Ruvigny's Roll of Honour. I am hoping some of the men on my memorial might be mentioned.

Thanks

Andy

It is,even in reprint a very expensive book,I borrowed a copy via my local lending library who ordered it via inter library loan,for which my library charges just 90p,[1 month loan but in my case,due to the price of the book, they only allowed reference use{ie not to be removed from building}]however I believe one or two members have copies & if you are lucky they may see your request.

Good Luck

Hi Andy.

Let me have the names and i will check them out for you.

Regards

Medalman.

Excuse my ignorance, I know what the Roll Of Honour is but what was the criteria for being included on it?

I believe, simply having relatives who were prepared to pay for the obituary to be published in it.

Hello

it was on a pay per entry basis

Ian

Thanks to everyone for the information. I have a load of men to look up Medalman, so I will try and get it through the library rather than snow you under.

Thanks again

Andy

Thanks to everyone for the information. I have a load of men to look up Medalman, so I will try and get it through the library rather than snow you under.

Thanks again

Andy

Hi Andy

If you have any problems offer still stands,

Regards

Medalman.

For deaths in the 1st year (or so) of the war you may also want to try the two volumes of "Bond of Sacrifice" - if you have not been able to do so already.