Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Off Tangent Research Arena

HarryBettsMCDCM

I have had the OBE;1914~15 star & MiD Trio,to Lt:Col;Tom Bosquet Browne,OBE;RASC;one time OiC of ASC Motor Repair Workshops in London & Rouen;for many years & rearched his life & service to a slight degree,one avenue returned the fact that both Tom & his Wife had been pioneer Motorists @ the end of the 19th & early 20th Century,in fact the 1901 census describes him as a Mechanical Engineer & Motor Maker @ Kensington {What price as a Motor Manufacturers address today!?};further research turned up the fact that he had been an early member of the RAC~Royal Automobile Club,which led me to this site & what appears to be a wealthy archive of early Motorists/Engineers {including aviation Pioneers!::Claude White Etc;}A search there seems to indicate that they do have Documentation concerning TBB,& I await their response to my enquiry as I write, Bosquet Browne, was awarded the OBE in 1919, he was on charge of Military Transport F&F,  , going on to be  OiC of CWGC transport in the 1920s and Eng. Officer in C during the 1926 General Strike. other researchers/collectors with a Mechanical bent {dont say it~"mechanical bent what?"} in their Military researches,or persons who may have been members or "wartime members" of the RAC {a Gentleman's Club too @ the time,as I believe it still is; in Pall Mall} might find help here too {especially if RAC members}The Royal Automobile Club Archive{enter guest area on main RAC site & then archive on this site[name searchable]}

Screenshot_20230213-105224_kindlephoto-2104750.png

image.jpeg

433px-Im050218Auto-James1.jpg

Screenshot_20230213-105901_kindlephoto-4712610.png

Screenshot_20230213-105851_kindlephoto-4758274.png

Edited by HarryBettsMCDCM
Updated research