Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

help with oakleaves

vicki

hi looking through my great grandads war papers and he recived 2 oakleaves both at the same time but i only have one refrence to the despatch he was mentioned in (haigs despatch of 7/4/1918) not read the despatch but if he was mention in it twice would he get two oakleaves or was he mentioned in another despatch i don`t know about? does anyone know where i would be able to read these despatches? a big thanks in advance vicki

thanks for the link andy but unfortunatly the despatch i am looking for is not online yet any other idea were i could read this despatch? vicki

Hi Vicki

I believe that the lists were published in the London Gazette. Have you tried that one?

Other than that there is always Google.

Sorry that I cannot be more helpful.

Rgds

Andy

If MiD twice he should have 2 MiD Index Cards,one for each mention,if however he physically received 2 Oak Leaf Sprays they are probably a full size one to affix to the Medal & the smaller one to affix to the Ribbon Bar.

Only ONE MiD emblem was worn on the UK/Commonwealth Allied Victory Medal regardless of how many times the recipient was "Mentioned"