Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Private William Stewart

chrisharley9

Would any one like to look at this document & tell me where this chaps wife was residing as I'm having difficulty reading it

My thanks

Chris

624513a.gif

Thanks very much

All The Best

Chris

Would any one like to look at this document & tell me where this chaps wife was residing as I'm having difficulty reading it

My thanks

Chris

624513a.gif

:D Glad to help you out CHUM!:)) HESPLER, Ontario (last I checked the town was still there!) was where his wife lived at time of enlistment. Fascinating he worked at a major private mental hospital HOMEWOOD! Do you have any more information on him and his postings, military career and post-1918 life? I am writing a book on CEF shell shock!

Tx,

John Gilinsky

Toronto CANADA

Thanks very much chaps

I dont have anymore on this chap at the moment other than he is buried at Lenham in Kent which was site of a Canadian Hospital

Chris

The town referred to is Hespeler, Ontario. It is today part of the city of Cambridge - from the city's website:

"The City of Cambridge was created in January, 1973. It was formed by the amalgamation of the City of Galt, the Towns of Hespeler and Preston, and parts of the Townships of Waterloo and North Dumfries."

Here's some information about the history of the town:

Hespeler Ontario - town history

Marika

many thanks for the link - very interesting

Chris