Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pte Thomas B Miller East Lancashire Regiment

Guest treenie

The person I have named is my great grandfather. However, as my grandmother is no longer alive I don't know anything about him apart from he was from Lytham and that he was in the East Lancashire Regiment (that's on my grandmother's birth certificate).

I've done a search of the National Archives and found on their medal role call two Thomas B Miller's and 3 regiment numbers. Does anyone know if it's possible that it could be the same person.

Welcome to the Forum

Looking at them, my guess is that they are probably two different people. However you'd probably need to download both to make sure that there isnt an inconsistency with dates of going overseas. The way forward then would be to check if either/both of their service papers still exist at the National Archives (you can only do this by visiting - or paying a researcher to look for yuo)

You should also be aware that the records may not have included his middle initial - there are another 10 Thomas Millers who served with the East Lancs.

john

Welcome to the Forum

Looking at them, my guess is that they are probably two different people. However you'd probably need to download both to make sure that there isnt an inconsistency with dates of going overseas. The way forward then would be to check if either/both of their service papers still exist at the National Archives (you can only do this by visiting - or paying a researcher to look for yuo)

You should also be aware that the records may not have included his middle initial - there are another 10 Thomas Millers who served with the East Lancs.

john

Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking.

Kat