Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Flea Markets and Fairs on Somme this week

KIRKY

Hi, I will be on the Somme from Thursday until Monday. Are there any markets over this time on The Somme?

Tony

It is a little early for brocantes. There are some, but none that I know of in the Somme area this weekend. Trying typing 'brocante+somme' into Google.fr

Hi Tony,

No fairs in the Somme area this weekend. If you want a drive there are some in other regions on Sunday: Lecluse (Nord), Forbach (Moselle) and Gretz Armainvillier (Seine-et-Marne). The others are even further, sorry, not much help really! ;)

As you probably know there are always a few boot fairs on. I always ask Dominique for these - he has a little book...

corbie 11th year sunday place de la salle polyvalente

ville/ancre 1st year

:D Thanks for your replies.

Tony

ville/ancre 1st year

Philippe,

Could you give more information. I will be in the area on Sunsady 18th march.

Thanks

Chris C

Sorry,no more imformation for Corbie. I have the agenda des brocantes

(little yellow book) Next week,26th,there is a brocante at Bray sur Somme. :)

ville/ancre 1st year

Sorry Philippe, I did not make myself clear. What does "11th year sunday" and "ville/ancre 1st year" mean?

Chris C

Sorry Philippe, I did not make myself clear. What does "11th year sunday" and "ville/ancre 1st year" mean?

Chris C

it is the number of year the brocante has been on

Here's a handy website for brocante faires and "vide greniers" (car-boot sales) in France

http://vide-greniers.org/

It's rather a confusing layout, and all in French (sometimes misspelt, just to make it harder!).

However, if you spool down to the heading "selectionnez un departement" (choose a county) and you can select "Somme 80", "Nord 59" or "Pas de Calais 62" from the alphabetically-ordered drop-down menu.

This takes you to another page where you have to choose a span of dates "Choisissez une periode".

The next page looks pretty much the same, but if you spool down it you will find the list of fairs there for the area you have chosen.

They have a green blob for flea markets/car boots; red square for brocante or antiques; and orange triangle for collectors' fairs - which can mean arms fairs, if that is of interest. (but might equally well mean stamp-collecting, lapel-pin collecting etc...)

If you click on the name of the event, you can often see directions to the venue, opening hours, how many stalls there'll be,

Angela