Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lehr Regiment der Fussartillerie Schiesschule

Guest Ledrick

I have a regimental bugle engraved with the name of this unit (Foot Artillery Shooting School), which I believe my grandfather picked up at the end of the war. Based on family history, I think he was in the 10th (Irish) Division, and am assuming that the bugle was picked up in Palestine. He was in the RFA, but his records are no longer extant in the National Archives and I'm hoping that some information on where this German artillery unit were may shed some light on his movements.

I haven't been able to find any online resources listing the deployment of the various German regiments, and would be grateful for any pointers on this.

Mate,

If it was picked up in Palestine then it may come from one of the many German and Austrian Field Batteries attached to the Turkish Army there.

That an officer may have been trained or had come from that school you mention could be well within the reason.

I don't have a complete listing of all batteries attached to the Turkish Army, hopefully one of the others may know.

Cheers

S.B