Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

AUSTRALIAN WAR GRAVES PHOTOGRAPHIC ARCHIVE

australianwargraves

G'Day to all,

Many of you would be aware that there are numerous War Graves Projects being undertaken at present. Well I am the Archive Director of the Australian Project. Web-site: www.australiawargraves.org

I am new to the GWF and can't believe that I haven't been here before now. Great site and a great resource for us 'military history' buffs. Well Done!!! I have had contact with many of the users of the GWF and to you I send a big hello. There are a number of you who I haven't been in contact with for some time and would love to hear from you.

The Project is progressing very well, with many countries completed. In particular, the UK under the Corrdination of Peter Bennett, is all but basically finished (Over 7,500 casualties). Australia is the next big focus with many volunteers coming forward. January 2006 took the Project into its sixth year anniversary.

This is an invitation to anyone who would like to be part of the Aussie Project. We would love to have you on-board.

Many regards,

Matt Smith

AWGPA Director

Hi Matt

I've contacted Pete B as I'm off the France later in March. I think I can clear up some of the smaller sites.

Chris C

Matt - Please let me know if there are any piccies you need from Virginia (Arlington Nat'l Cemetary is out my back door) or from other areas in this neck of the woods.

Andy

Apologies for the error, but the link to the Australian War Graves Photographic Archive that was posted recently, should have read www.australianwargraves.org , and not www.australiawargraves.org. I'd forget my head if it wasn't bolted on. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I can be contacted on mattsmith@uq.net.au, if interested.

Regards

Matt Smith

AWGPA

Hi Matt,

There are a few Australian graves at Grangegorman Military Cemetery in Dublin. I can take pics if you like.

Ken

Hi Matt,

It's been a long time since we've been in contact. I've gathered together some photos and plan n some more very soon.

I got your email and will get back to you in the next few days.

Tim L.