Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Irish Fusiliers

mmm45

Hi

Can anyone give me some information on a RIF rank KIA at LESBOUEFS on 12th Oct 1916

He was Lt Eustace Emile Hyde from West Yorkshire.I think he lost his brother on July 1st 1916 at Serre.

He was a musketry instructor with the Royal Irish Fusiliers.

Thanks

Ady :)

This CEF Study Group recommended website is not the same group but may have some contacts for you to engage. - Borden Battery

The Royal Dublin Fusiliers Association Mar 2006

The site commemorates all Irish men and women who volunteered, served and died in the Great War 1914-1918 by organizing public exhibitions, lectures, seminars, visits and the publication of a journal. It includes information and objects relating to the soldiers of Royal Dublin Fusiliers and the other disbanded Irish Regiments.

http://www.greatwar.ie/

Ady

His brother Charles Stuart Hyde was killed at Serre on 1st July he is commemorated on the Thiepval Memorial. We therefore have a record for him (which also includes information on his brother Eustace Emil)on our Missing of the Somme database if you would like a copy of the record send us your email address and we will forward one to you.

Regards

Pam

Hello Ady,

Your man gets a mention in Ireland's Memorial Records:

Hyde, Eustace Emil. Rank Lieutenant, Royal Irish Fusiliers, 4th Battalion (attached 1st); Killed in World, October 12th 1916.

If you would like a copy of the original entry, send me an PM with your email address.

Regards,

Liam.