Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medcial terminology

Jock Bruce

Why do I fear that this question is going to lead to some very imaginative diagnoses by the Pals - does anybody have any idea what 'pediculosis pubes' were?

Jock

Not that I have had personal experience of this let me quickly add.

Terry Reeves

Perhaps I should point out then, that in my case I come from a naval family and that somehow one just learns about such things

Regards,

Michael D.R.

Michael

A gentleman as always. To paraphrase George Orwell, I was one of those rough men who stood ready in the night, and was happy to let others gain the practical experience.

Terry Reeves

Jock,

Your question can be answered with a simple 4-letter word:

LICE (pediculi)

Lice, like other creatures, have differing likes and habitats; pediculus capitis, for instance, get into your hair as 'head lice' (try a vacuum cleaner; or parrafin, they slip off!!). Pediculus corporis are body lice, and down in the tropics live pediculus pubis, pubic lice, though whether you wish to try parrafin (or a vacuum cleaner) in this region is entirely up to you!

Like Michael and Terry , I profess no personal acqaintence with this condition, but why am I suddenly feeling so itchy?

PS Jock, might you also be suffering dyslexia? Take a look at your title heading!!