Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2 L/t Horatio Inwards KIA 15-6-17 2/2nd London Regiment

SOMMESOLDIER

Hi All, :)

I would be most interested in any information that I can get about Lieutenant Horatio Inwards 2/2nd City of London Battalion Royal Fusiliers who was killed in Action on 15-6-17.

Military, or family background would be great. I would be very interested in anyone who has the War Diary !!

Very Many Thanks

Tim.

Inward joined the 2/2nd Londons as a private and served with the battalion in the Mediterrenean where he was promoted Sergeant. He was gazetted into the 3/2nd Londons on 19th December 1916 and joined the 2/2nd Londons as a Second Lieutenant when they were at Boisleux au Mont around 19th March 1917. He was wounded at Bullecourt on 15th June 1917 when a platoon commander in C Company. He was killed on the 16th.

Born 7th January 1879 he served in the South African War with the Imperial Light Horse.

Records show that Horatio was born in first quarter 1878 in Liverpool. He was living at the age of three in 45, Brook Road, Bootle Cum Linacre, Lancashire with his father, also called Horatio, born London, his mother Victoria M. born Lambeth, his older sister Kate born Stoatford, Essex and his older brother Perly, born Rock Ferry, Cheshire. Horatio senior is listed as occupation: Traveller to and from China.

There is also a marriage registration for a Horatio Inwards in Islington early 1901, to someone called Mary Ann.

Myrtle

Very many thanks for the information. It is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Tim.