Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Arthur Westley - 86th Bty 12th Brigade R.F.A.

Guest Geffers

Hi

Please can anybody help, I am trying to find out more information about my Grandfather who served in the 12th Brigade of the R.F.A. for 21 years seeing action in WW1 as his MIC and discharge certificate testify.

I never knew him as he died when my father was only 14 years old in 1938, I also have seen no picture of him and none of his surviving family have a picture.

All I have is his discharge certificate (given to me by his surviving daughter) whic states his as 2912 crossed out and changed to 1023671. Why would he have had two numbers?

The certificate states discharged in consequence of 'Termination of Second period of Engagement' - can anybody explain this to a novce?

He enlisted on the 4th January 1900 and was discharged on the 25th February 1921 as a Bombadier.

Does anybody know where I might obtain a picture of him in service? Would it be worth contacting the museum in Woolwich?

I would appreciate any help any body can give as I am desperate to find a picture of my Grandfather and I know my sisters would like to see one as well.

Geffers