Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SDGW look up?

davidfegga

Hi all

I'm (very slowly) researching the history of 175 Bgde (Staffordshire) RFA, with a view to writing some kind of book/website. I have the war diaries, which mention casualties figures at the end of each month, but no names.

I wondered if anyone with SDGW, could do a unit search for me, if it's possible to do that?. Would be most grateful.

Dave

Dave, on the disc I have it would mean going through all of them, they are not by unit.

Sorry, but if I have the time some day I'll do it for you.

Mandy

Mandy

Thanks for the reply, shall probably have to buy my own one day! :D

Dave

Mandy

Thanks for the reply, shall probably have to buy my own one day! :D

Dave

Hi Dave,

When checking for R.F.A. or R.H.A. casualties on the c-d version of S.D.G.W. you are given an option as to whether you require 'Any' or 'Territorial Force' which in the end is not a lot of help! You are not given the battery or the brigade information in which the casualty served. It is not the same as checking out a casualty from the R.G.A. or that of the Infantry where they give the extra details where known.

Yet again, unless you actually know for sure which of these two units a casualty served with it becomes hit and miss as to whether the casualty which you are looking at served with the R.F.A. or R.H.A.

post-210-1141150386.jpg

Hope this information will be of help?

Regards

Arthur