Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Uttoxeters war dead

gikkalan

We are currently researching the names from the Uttoxeter war memorial. We are trying to find out their backgrounds, war service and the circumstances or death. (In particular we are trying to put faces to names)

So far we have gone through all the normal sources, including the local newspaper report.

If there is anyone who has any information to help use fill in this picture, it would be much appreciated. Also if you have relatives who originiated from this area we may have information which could help you.

Alan & Gill

Hi Alan and Gill,

I have a list of the dead of 8th North Staffords. This includes some Uttoxeter men. I also have the War Diary and Battalion History.

If you want any details of any 8th NS men or you want me check names where you don't have a battalion, drop me an email.

Phil

Alan and Gill

A long shot given where you are relative to Surrey but you never know. Any Royal West Surreys let me know

Hambo

Alan and Gill

A long shot given where you are relative to Surrey but you never know. Any Royal West Surreys let me know

Hambo

Thanks very much for kind offer as you suspected, we don't have anyone in the Royal West Surreys. but this is the area my wife comes from and we may get back to you when we turn our attentions to that area.

Hi Alan and Gill,

I have a list of the dead of 8th North Staffords. This includes some Uttoxeter men. I also have the War Diary and Battalion History.

If you want any details of any 8th NS men or you want me check names where you don't have a battalion, drop me an email.

Phil

Hi Phil, thanks for your kind offer we've got the following in the 8th

Adams, William Private, died 3rd July 1916 he is on the Thiepval memorial

Ball, James Private died 3rd November 1918 in Uttoxeter

Coates, Thomas Private died ist August 1917 buried in Etaples Military Cemetery

Craddock, Thomas William Private died 1st July 1916 agian no known grave on the Thiepval memorial

Woolley, Thomas Private died 4th October 1917 in Tyne Cot

Any information on what the 8th were doing around these dates would be appreciated

Hi Phil, thanks for your kind offer we've got the following in the 8th

Adams, William Private, died 3rd July 1916 he is on the Thiepval memorial

Ball, James Private died 3rd November 1918 in Uttoxeter

Coates, Thomas Private died ist August 1917 buried in Etaples Military Cemetery

Craddock, Thomas William Private died 1st July 1916 agian no known grave on the Thiepval memorial

Woolley, Thomas Private died 4th October 1917 in Tyne Cot

Any information on what the 8th were doing around these dates would be appreciated

OK, I'll drop you an email next week.

Phil