Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Navy records for my great Uncle

reilly

Can anyone help me decipher my great uncles Simon Driscoll's service records.

He shares his sheet with another sailor called Napoleon Barlow (what a great name!). But Simon records are on the bottom half of two sheets

Simon had a long naval career joining up in 1903 and being invalid out in 1920

My questions are:

Can anyone tell me why he was invalided out - i can not figure out the writing on the paper?

Also he was on HMS Ceaser during the war - can anyone tell me what this ship was and did?

How can I find out if Simon won any medals?

Any other information members can gleam from his records would be most helpful

Records didnt attach!

Try again pliz!

Details of his Medals may be entered @ the bottom of the Sheets{there is usually a section:Medals & Decorations,sometimes nothing is entered or it is very feint & doesn't show up on Copying.There are Naval Medal Index cards for WW1 Medals but these are not available "Online",only by going to,or getting a Researcher to,get them @ the NA.

Have been trying to post my great uncles service records but have had not joy - could somebody please advise the best way to do this? The error message when I attempt to post is below.

Thanks

Brian

The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.