Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

East Lancs Regiment - prisoners of war

Guest TinaB

My Great Uncle Wesley David Mylchreest, Private 235299 was captured during WW1. On return home he never spoke of his experiences and became a bit of a recluse. He died in 1968. We would like to know more of what happened to him during that time, and I have retrieved his war record from the Nat Archives, but the numbers etc written on it don't mean much to me!!

I don't think I am permitted to attach the actual record, but the wording is

H/1/102 B(?) 1934 Returned (1743 KR 1912) 8149/Adt

Does this mean anything to anyone ??

Tina

Welcome to the Forum.

You are permitted to post the actual record and I think it might help.

It's an uncommon surname - is there any relationship to the W H Mylchreest commemorated on the Heswall war memorial (as a Wordl War 2 casualty)?

John

Tina,

Welcome to the Forum.

There are a number of East Lancs folk who might be able to help.

Post the roll card if that is what you have.

regards

Stephen

Many thanks to you guys for replying. I have attached the record, hope it helps.

John, I'm not aware of a W H Mylchreest in our family commemorated on the Heswall War Memorial, but that's not to say he isn't one of us. I do know that during WW2 my Grandmother (who was a Mylchreest) had relatives living around the Liverpool area (not sure of the exact location) - is that close to Heswall? During the bombing raids of WW2 she watched in despair from the family's farm in the Isle of Man as an arc of light lit up the sky over the sea as Liverpool was being bombed.

Tina