Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Somme visit 16th to 20th March

KIRKY

Hi, making our usual trip to the area soon. Any Pals around?

Is Tommies open now on a regular basis and is it snowing??

Tony

Tony,

Le Tommy Cafe was open for business and very busy with coachloads of schoolkids when I was last there on 10 Feb - the "trenches" in the back garden were off limits, no doubt Dominic was busy adding yet more relics..!!

Can't comment on the weather, but what's happening now shouldn't affect you too much in mid March?

Rob.

We were at Le Tommy this week and it is under new management. Well Domonic and his new (English)

Girlfriend.

They were both busy getting the bar & Hotel ready for the summer and facilities have improved massively. The "front line areas" were off limits due to construction of a new Patio terrace area. Yes it was still very cold and sleeting on our departure. Despite all that they still gave a warm welcome and it looks set to stay a great watering hole.

Julian

Guest londonpete1

We were at Le Tommy this week------------------- and facilities have improved massively.

you were not there the night when the english were apparently ordered to leave then? have you seen the email going round the wfa? Noboddy can tell me what this is about though :ph34r:

see here>> see pics

post-11238-1141321406.jpg post-11238-1141321429.jpg

londonpete1

:o Is that a new toilet I see!! Has he put the old one in the trench, it is of same period!

Is that his new girlfriend in the picture?

Tony

Yes, the bogs are new, and the girlfriend.....I think she's one of many..??

Rob.

We'll just miss you, arriving Sunday, of to Arras Thursday. The father of one member of my group was at Cambrai and commanded 17th (Armoured Car) Tank Battalion in 1918. Remarkable: my mate's father was born in 1877, 2 years before my Great Grandmother. Going to be a classy tour.

Chris

Guest George35

Will be on the Somme tommorow night and there until Monday the 2Oth,with my good pals and companions Mick,Mart and Rob, to be joined by Ed at the Weekend.

During the day you'll catch us around either the Thiepval, Boom Ravine, Ginchy area ,on an evening in the Tommy or the Three Pigeons in Albert,looking forward to meeting up with anyone who is in on the Somme during this time for a few beers and swapping a few yarns.If your stopping at Avril's well definatley see you there,

Paul

:) George, may see you around, there are 2 of us Tony and Clive,

Tony