Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

T M Storer, what regiment

YVETTE

:( hello everyone, this is my very first post after discovering this wonderful site only yesterday so please be patient with me if i use the wrong words, i am not to clued up about the army. I need some advice, i have been to Kew and found my gt grandfather Thomas mark Storer, his number was 79395 RFA. He enlisted at Kingston surrey, the Depot E surrey regt. Then it looks as though he was sent to Preston and from there to France. I am trying to find out who he served with so i can find out where he fought in France, he did survive the war. I know that i am lucky to see his records because i know only a few survive but they were very badly damaged and i couldn't make out some of the info. When i downloaded his medal card the info given was Corps R Field Artillery, Reg TF821659 gunner, i know later he was a bombardier. Does the Reg TF821659 mean something? I am sure that i am missing something, can anyone help many thanks ,

very confused yvette

yvette,your g/fathers medal card is thomas,m storer 79395,the other medal card tf821659 belongs to another man,bernard

thanks for clearing that up for me bernard, i will cross that off of my paper as i now know it has nothing to do with my relative. Still have to find out how to place his movement during the war, thanks again yvette