Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Canadian Women War Workers Badges

Cam_s

Hello,

I picked up these two badges over the past little while. They are the Woman Worker badges for the Imperial Muntions board of Canada. One has the six month bar and the other doesn't. As well they are numbered 10232 and 10306, only 74 numbers off.

Just a couple of questions. The first being was there a British one as well. My Greatgrandmother served in a muntions plant during WW1 in England and I am trying to figure out if she would have had something like this. Also how much do these Canadian ones normally go for and how much would a British one go for.

Also were there any other badges or items that were associated with Women War Workers along these lines?

Thanks for any help.

Cam

Here are the Pictures Below:

img24531ee.th.jpg

img24547gk.th.jpg

Cam

Please find the photo attached the triangular one is the one worn by women.

John

post-1365-1140682368.jpg

Hello,

Thanks for the pics that you posted. So is this the only one that was used by Britian? I see that it has the year while the Canadian One at the top doesn't.

Thanks again for the pics,

Cam

It is the commonest War Service Badge worn by women,there were many others though,issued by different Companies,with their details on,these obviously were issued in limited numbers.

Cam, the Woman Workers badges come with quite a variety of bars. The longer the service, the greater the value is the general rule of thumb. I would suggest that you google the medal. or search some dealers' sites or lists for values. It is very difficult to determine a value on items like this, given any two individuals can drive the price at auction.