Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Auction of Soldiers Memorabilia

Chris

have just seen advertised the following WWI memorabilia, which is up for auction on Thursday 18th Sept at a local saleroom in Market Rasen. My reason for mentioning it on here is that hopefully a pal will buy it for the right reason, as i would hate for it to be split up buy an unscrupulous buyer and then sold in bits on ebay later in the year. I will bid myself but i fear it will go far out of my price range.

Lot 834 - HISTORICAL DOCUMENTATION OF PTE. A. HOLT NO. 154 OF THE LINCOLNSHIRE REGIMENT WHO FELL IN THE GREAT WAR, FOR SALE IN ONE LOT INCLUDING HIS PERSONAL POSSESSIONS, CORRESPONDANCE HOME AND LETTERS FROM THE WAR OFFICE, REGIMENTAL PAYMASTER AND OTHERS, POSTCARDS, CHRISTMAS 1914 CIGARETTE TIN, SIGNET RING, COPPER FREEDOM AND HONOUR PLAQUE IN ORIGINAL REGISTERED POST ENVELOPE, VICTORY MEDAL AND BRITISH WAR MEDAL, AN EMBRODED MEMORIAL PANEL WITH PHOT OF DECEASED "UNITED WE STAND LINCOLNS TRANSPORT NO.154" FOR SALE AS A COLLECTION IN ONE LOT.

tEL: OF SALE ROOM IS 01673 843011 OR WEBSITE AT www.perkinsgeorgemawer.co.uk.

i have no connection with this auctioneer, i just want to make sure this collection dosent end up in the wrong hands and then gets split up.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Graham.

Well unfortunatley i was at work in Scunthorpe on that day so couldnt atend in person, having placed a bid by phone previous to the auction, which as i suspected turned out to be too low. Pte. Holts collection was sold for £640, but to whom i do not know. Lets hope it is not split up for sale.

Chris