Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

How do you download Medal Card?

Guest Debd

post-11055-1140559818.jpg

Hello,

I recently purcased my Great Grandad's Medal Card details from the NA but haven't a clue how to send it to 'My Pics' so I can copy or use it! Is this because it remains the property of the NA or have I missed something? I'm not too computer literate so please can you explain it in 'simple' terms if anyone knows? Thankyou for any advice, Debra

Hi, Debra,

Just hover the mouse arrow over the pic and some icons appear. click on the one on the left(save this image) and it will be stored in your computer. Press the key with the windows logo on the botttom of the keyboard to the left of the spacebar and select My Documents and then double click on the thumbnail image to enlarge full size. Use the magnifying image at the bottom of the screen to magnify.Hope this helps, regards Barin. :)

Thankyou Barin, Unfortunately it doesn't do that because it seems to be in a different format, (maybe Adobe?) Only a little hand appears rather than the usual cursor. I've tried right-clicking it but nothing comes up. I wonder if I downloaded it to the wrong place because I'm only viewing it from a personal setting of 'My Web Page' at Yahoo! This seemed to be the only way I could do it when I followed the link from my e-mail from the NA. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you understand what I mean! Thankyou kindly, Debra

Debra, sounds you like you have saved adobe acrobat file to a web page. Best idea to go back to NA and download as i suggested. You wont have to pay again if its within 14 days i think, Barin

Debra, sounds you like you have saved adobe acrobat file to a web page. Best idea to go back to NA and download as i suggested. You wont have to pay again if its within 14 days i think, Barin

Why not just go to the web page you saved it to and do a "Screen Dump".

Then save the image into .jpg format. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Why not just go to the web page you saved it to and do a "Screen Dump".

Then save the image into .jpg format. ;)

Hi there,

Thankyou all for your help. Ummm, what is a screen dump? :unsure:

Don't worry if it's too much to explain, one day I may fathom it out!

Thanks again, Debra

Debra

Its easy hit the print screen key and it willsave whatever is on the screen onto the clipboard, and then paste as a new image into PSP, or another image program, and save as a jpg or whatever, or paste straight into a word document and save it there.

Regards

Anthony

Hi Debra

When you originally downloaded the document from the NA email link, where did you save it to? If you still have their email, go back to it and follow the download links again. Once you can see the open document on your screen, go to the toolbar above and click FILE/SAVE and save it onto your LOCAL DISK C: drive - there might be a folder called "My Docs" or similar to put it in.

As it's not a jpeg file it might not show up in My Photos. But once it is in your Docs folder you can print it and you can also send it as an email attachment to someone if you wanted to.

Hope that helps

:)

Hi, I'd given up trying to fathom it out so haven't been on here for a while! Just noticed both of your replies and kind help so a big THANKYOU, I will go and try again...... although I did keep the e-mail from the NA, I tried doing that, (going through the links but still ended up as before) because it had already been downloaded. Maybe it was out of date too. I think you get so many days to do it. Anyway, thankyou Anthony and Athenalaz, I'm on my way.......

DebD

Hi again, I tried both ways but still no joy. I was able to download as before but it is in PDF file so I can't seem to 'do' anything with it. I'd like to just have my Great Grandad's medal card o but it is on a page with other soldiers of the same name!

When I clicked on Download from the NA, it comes up in another window in PDF file only and is only readable by having Adobe... I seem to be stuck with that unfortunately. Ah well, at least it is there. Many thanks, Deb

Debra

Open the file with Adobe Reader.

Then look along the toolbar and find the button that looks like a Camera, this is the "Snapshot" tool.

Click this and use it to "Drag" a box around the area of the MIC you want, when you let go of the button you will get a message saying that you have saved the image to your Clipboard.

Now Open up a suitable paint or Picture editing program (Paintshop Pro, Photoshop etc), and "Paste" as a new image.

Now "Save As", but make sure you save it as a .jpg file.

Now reduce the image to 100KB and it's ready for posting to forum.

Hope this is easy enough to follow, it's really not too difficult.

Mark.

Well so far have managed to put it onto my clipboard but goodness knows where that is! Ha, I'll get there one day, thankyou all again, Debra