Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Jack sheldons book. Germans on the Somme

Guest grantaloch

Guest grantaloch

I know this topic has been discussed time and again.But I have just finished reading his book.and I must say it sent shivers up my spine.I have read so many books about the british side of the battle, that too read it from the german perspective it opened up my eyes i can tell you.Just one instance, that deadly gap between Trones wood and Guillimont the pounding it took from our artillery and still some germans survived to slaughter our infantry men has they attacked how did they do it. And has I read, I kept thinking as the germans looked out and saw our men falling in their hundreds any one of them could have been been one of our ancestors.As I say it made me stop and think.(Grantaloch). Brighton bob.

Guest grantaloch
I know this topic has been discussed time and again.But I have just finished reading his book.and I must say it sent shivers up my spine.I have read so many books about the british side of the battle, that too read it from the german perspective it opened up my eyes i can tell you.Just one instance, that deadly gap between Trones wood and Guillimont the pounding it took from our artillery and still some germans survived to slaughter our infantry men has they attacked how did they do it. And has I read, I kept thinking as the germans looked out and saw our men falling in their hundreds any one of them could have been been one of our ancestors.As I say it made me stop and think.(Grantaloch). Brighton bob.

Jack. Thank you for your reply to my post, it went a little bit more than what I wrote I thought your book was brilliant,it really did do what I said.sent a shiver down my spine may i say my wifes cousin was K.I.A.on the last day of the somme at desire trench even some of that action was in your book,and most of the other actions i have read about were in there as well. As i said brilliant you have a fan, and I will certinly look forward to your other books coming out(Grantaloch.) Brighton bob.

Guest grantaloch
Bob see the signature below re Desire Trench.

Paul.have read your post about signature below.Going back to original post about my wifes cousin, I was a little bit dissapointed with the lack of interest it generated,Iam really proud to have the connections I have with him.as you can see by the number of posts I have made I am very new at this game,how do I go about getting more information about him hope you can keep it simple.(Grantaloch.) Brighton bob.