Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

cafe

paul guthrie

Is there one in the area fought over by US forces that could feed a bus load at noon? I am taking US Branch WFA there next year, I do not remember one in Chatel Cherey which has only about 150 souls. Thanks. I will be there a couple of days this fall to check things out.

Hi Paul,

Try the Grand Monarch in Varennes. You'd have to arrange it in advance but you will need to do that anyway in that area. There is at least one other hotel in Varennes but I can't remember the name - could be the Cheval Blanc. It's on the main square facing the church.

Otherwise there's a place in Montfaucon and one in Avocourt. There's also the new hotel in Vienne-le-Chateau called the Tuliperie - aren't you staying there?

There's a gìte in Apremont too.

The Vauquois people will be able to tell you more. They must get that request often enough.

Christina

What is a gite? Not same as git as in dirty little rat faced git I trust! :lol: Yes Keith Knight and I stay at least one night at Tupilier. I wish we could spend money at Chatel Cherey as people there have been quite helpful but it seems impossible.

Thanks Christina.

No, not the same as a git, rat-faced or otherwise. It's a bed and breakfast place. I really meant to say that there was a Logis de France in Apremont, not a gite.

If I were organising your sort of do, I'd ask the assoc. at the Butte de Vauquois who they recommend for your purposes. Failing that, I'd ask the superintendant at the Meuse-Argonne cemetery.

Christina