Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Mort pour la France

Colin P

My great uncle Paul Charles DUVIN was in the 127 Regiment d'Infantrie and died on 18 July 1916 in the OULCHES sector (Aisne) and is buried in the Necropole Nationale at Craonnelle (Aisne). His number was 182 and he joined up in 1915 at Dunkirk. He was born nearby on 31 August 1895. When I visited his grave a few years ago it appeared that he was the only casualty on 18 July 1916 buried at Craonnelle. I originally received the above information from the Ministere des Anciens Combattants et Victimes de Guerre. Could anyone suggest how/where I could find information on 127 Regiment in July 1916 (& before) please?

The 127me Régiment d'Infanterie relieved elements of the 18e Corps d'Armée in the Oulches sector on April 21, 1916. They were there until July 20. The period was described as relatively quiet. Reinforcements from the Class of '16 arrived during this time.

Afterwards, the regiment moved to the Somme area, near Chipilly, thence to Hardecourt.

Prior to their stint in Oulches, the regiment fought in the battle of Verdun. They were first posted there on the 2nd March, serving through until 22 March in the Bras sector. They were subjected to several attacks that were beaten off. After a short break, they were back on 27 March in the Charny sector. The regiment was pulled out on 2 April. On April 11, they were at Fère-en-Tardenois.

Robert

The 127me Régiment d'Infanterie relieved elements of the 18e Corps d'Armée in the Oulches sector on April 21, 1916. They were there until July 20. The period was described as relatively quiet. Reinforcements from the Class of '16 arrived during this time.

Afterwards, the regiment moved to the Somme area, near Chipilly, thence to Hardecourt.

Prior to their stint in Oulches, the regiment fought in the battle of Verdun. They were first posted there on the 2nd March, serving through until 22 March in the Bras sector. They were subjected to several attacks that were beaten off. After a short break, they were back on 27 March in the Charny sector. The regiment was pulled out on 2 April. On April 11, they were at Fère-en-Tardenois.

Robert

Robert

Thanks for your kind offer and the above information which is very useful

Colin

Robert

Thanks for your kind offer and the above information which is very useful

Colin